Title: Manager, Membership Training & Quality, #2013120
Application Deadline: Thursday, May 30, 2013
This position manages all aspects of training and quality assurance within Membership, working with a team of training staff, quality analysts, Membership managers and supervisors, and Corporate Audit to ensure the highest level of quality in the experience and accuracy provided to our customers. This position is the champion of training and quality within Membership, responsible for creating, managing and communicating our training and quality assurance programs. This position has responsibility for the design, development and delivery of training materials, of the overall program design and for oversight of the Membership training team. This position is responsible for managing, scheduling, writing, and testing for all training programs within Membership. Responsible for analysis and modifications of the training and quality assurance programs as well as the exploration of tools and software to ensure ongoing effectiveness. Responsible for managing the process of new hires within the department.
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis on Business Administration, Health Care Financing, Management, Secondary or adult education or related field is preferred.
- Position requires annual certification in training and quality assurance.
- Three years experience in a management position or in supervision is required; five years preferred.
- The ability to quickly gain a working knowledge of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas products is required.
- Experience in quality monitoring, coaching, and performance management in a production area is required.
- Experience in developing training course materials, in evaluation of training programs, and in delivering training content to adults is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop others.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use sound judgment in resolving complex issues.
- Advanced interpersonal and written communication skills, with the ability to create and maintain effective relationships with all levels of employees, including senior management.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Strong organizational, motivational, decision making, and human relations skills are required.
- Ability to develop department strategy to achieve corporate goals and provide for optimal customer satisfaction.
- Ability to analyze information to determine appropriate training responses for improvement in skills and knowledge.
- Good knowledge of membership and/or health insurance practices in order to present specific courses directly related to departmental responsibilities.
- Requires strong customer focus and orientation, as well as people and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of effective training techniques and quality management processes.
- Ability to manage the implementation of new systems and procedures into the training, quality and workflows of the department with no disruption in service to customers.
- Ability to accurately analyze detailed reports and large volumes of data in order to project staffing needs and workload distributions.
- Experience with technology based solutions.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proven record of low absenteeism.
Title: Facility Planner, #2013117
Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Under the guidance of the Office Services manager, develops and manages workspace strategies and solutions by creating effective plans and designs of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas main campus, regional offices and lease spaces to meet organizational goals. Accountable for building interiors including layouts, furnishings, finishes and equipment. In addition, accountable for facilities help desk, assigning work orders to facilities, security, housekeeping and office services. Responsible for interior signage, conference rooms and large meeting setups. Will also be corporate contact on audio visual equipment within conference rooms.
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or related academic discipline.
- The incumbent must be experienced in computer assisted design (CAD) with a minimum of two years working experience in facilities or commercial design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to evaluate and negotiate purchases.
- Basic background in computers with experience in Computer Assisted Design (CAD).
- Accounting and math skills equal to the requirements of the position.
- Ability to present a professional demeanor in performing all duties of the position.
- Thorough knowledge of procurement and purchasing, including supply chain management.
- Demonstrated analytical ability to solve problems through systematic analysis of processes with sound judgment.
- Strong ability to apply critical detail thinking, problem determination processes to resolve complex problems and assume responsibility for decisions.
- Ability to influence or persuade others under positive or negative circumstances, excellent negotiating skills.
- Knowledge of corporate purchasing policies and procedures and space guidelines.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with multiple PC software applications, including AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Products.
- Knowledge of various office products, PC hardware and software, maintenance parts and supplies, commercial furniture, and building materials.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize to meet deadlines.
Title: High Volume Copy Operator, #2013119
Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Operates high volume copiers with responsibility and accountability for meeting the organization's copy needs.
- Prepare machines for the daily operations to include:
Sort and prioritize incoming requests to meet turnaround schedules.
Program requests accurately into computer to assure the requestor's needs are met.
Operate copier, collate, tab insert, bind and/or staple by selecting the appropriate programmed copy functions needed that will result in the most economical method to produce request.
Provide corrective maintenance when copier jams or when minor malfunctions occur.
When operating a specific copier, assist the other copiers and the bindery functions when needed to meet required turnaround schedules.
Perform special assignments for walk-up requests.
Cross-trained in all areas of the Print/Document Processing Center.
Keep a monthly meter reading on copy machine for billing purposes.
Highlights names and/or cost centers on finished copy work, labels and inserts copy jobs in envelopes, and sends to Mailroom for postage. (This is accomplished while copier is producing other work.)
Assist other areas (Incoming Mail, Outgoing Mail, Microfilm) when they need help with their workload to meet the service needs of the organization.
Assist in the training of employees from other support services departments who are cross-training or helping out in the department.
Work nights as workload increases. Normal work hours are 8 am - 4:30 pm.
- Cleaning necessary areas
- Set up toner and discard toner waste
- Check and/or add fuser agent
- Load three paper trays per size needed
- Load wire spools for stapling and staple cartridges for booklet makers.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Ability to operate office equipment:
- Copier with mini computer
- Paper cutter
- Folding machines
- Hydraulic drill
- Stapling machines
- Perforating/Scoring machine
- Tab attachment machine
- Ability to make simple arithmetic calculations.
- Type 40 words a minute.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Considerable standing is required most of the day.
Title: Reimbursement Specialist, #2013115
Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Under the general direction of the Manager of Reimbursement, develops studies and analyses which serve as the basis for analyzing and modeling reimbursement methods and fiscal impacts. The position provides key data and input for managing the provider payment and reimbursement setting programs for institutions, facilities, and professional healthcare providers. The position develops recommendations for the level of appropriate Maximum Allowable Payments, (MAPS, or fee schedule amounts) for facility and professional healthcare services provided to members. The position designs and implements new reimbursement methods.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Finance or Mathematics required with at least 2 years of experience in healthcare finance, accounting or reimbursement.
- Experience with Medicare cost reporting is preferred.
- General understanding of statistical theories and trained in basic business skills required.
- Experience and training in computer analyses query processes (preferred).
- A minimum of one year of experience with Database II and QMF programming processes is preferred.
- Experience with Excel developing fiscal impacts and financial modeling and analysis is required.
- Experience in auditing financial data or claims data is preferred.
- The position requires knowledge of facility and professional procedure coding.
- Also required is a broad general knowledge of medical terminology, professional protocol, medical economics, and business practices and procedures of professional and institutional providers.
- Experience in health care delivery billing processes with emphasis on institutional charging methods and traditional third party reimbursement processes is preferred.
- Experience in analysis of provider billing practices and methodology utilized in creating a claim for services performed preferred.
- Documented communication skills used in oral or written presentations.
- This position requires the ability to speak and write effectively as well as to understand and apply the principles of effective human and professional relations techniques in the daily performance of duties.
- Ability to evaluate, analyze and problem solve independently.
- Ability to independently formulate and implement solutions.
- Negotiation skills previously used in presentation of studies or documents is preferred.
- Experience in provider claim coding data ICD-9 (diagnosis and surgical) and CPT (Current Procedural Terminology and DRGs (Diagnosis Related Groups) is preferred.
- Ability to procure and manage data through the use of vendor designed or client designed software.
- Ability to use data verification procedures on extracted data.
- Computer querying and or programming abilities.
- Ability to use Excel and Word.
- Developed presentation and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Knowledge related to provider service billing methods.
- Access to data of a confidential and sensitive nature require the ability to organize and protect developed data at highest security level.
Title: Customer Service Representative, #2013103
Application Deadline: Monday, May 27, 2013
***Hiring for multiple positions to start August 5, 2013.***
Handles inquiries and resolves problems from members, providers of service, internal staff, group leaders, personnel of other organizations, and other Blue Plans regarding contractual and enrollment provisions of specific lines of business as assigned. Directly responsible for retention efforts for existing customers by virtue of our world-class service.
- High school education or its equivalent.
- Excellent customer service skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in Grammar, Spelling, Writing, Typing, Cognitive Skills, and Math.
- Superior human relations and communication skills.
- Must be able to meet performance standards.
- Must be able to follow call guides.
- The ability to interact positively with external customers and all levels of internal staff.
- Candidate selected will be expected to maintain an excellent record of attendance.
- Must able to obtain a license to sell insurance.
Title: Infrastructure Career Opportunity, #2013024
Salaried position – salary based upon experience.
BCBSKS is looking to add an Infrastructure Administrator to compliment their team of talented System and/or Sr. System Administrators.
This position has the primary responsibility of performing regular and critical maintenance activities as required within the Information Services Enterprise Systems Support area.
- Bachelor Degree or completion of a Computer Science Program from a Technical Trade School is preferred.
- Concepts of infrastructure (e.g. network, storage, operating systems, security, data base, messaging, business continuity and disaster recovery). Training in ITIL, COBIT, Agile is preferred.
- Must have two years total experience in Information Technology areas and/or systems.
- A cover letter and resume is required.
Title: Application Development Career Opportunity, #2013074
Salaried position – salary based upon experience.
BCBSKS is looking to add two Application Developers to compliment their team of talented Associate and Lead Developers. Has primary responsibility for computer program design, coding and testing activities as defined by the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Has secondary responsibility to perform programming and system analysis activities.
- A cover letter and resume are required.
- Bachelors Degree or completion of a Computer Science Program from a Technical Trade School preferred. External applicants without a Bachelors degree must have completed a minimum of 100 hours of education in the areas of communications, leadership, decision making, conflict resolution, critical thinking, etc.