Blue in the Community - National Walk @ Lunch Day®
Turn a Working Lunch into a Walking Lunch
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas is gearing up for National Walk @ Lunch Day April 30, and we want you to join us! Tens of thousands of walkers across the country participated in last year's event and we hope you'll help make this year an even bigger success.
Walk with Blue Cross employees in Topeka, Wichita, Salina and Hutchinson
Blue Cross is hosting rallies and one-mile walks in four Kansas communities where we have offices. Other downtown workers, elected officials, community leaders and the public are invited to join our employees for a walk. A limited number of free T-shirts are available for participants at each location. Each of these events begins at noon – rain or shine!
- Topeka – Kansas Statehouse, South Grounds. After a brief rally near the south stairs, there will be a walk around the perimeter of the statehouse grounds. Free T-shirtsfor the first 300 walkers!
- Wichita – Wichita Metro Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber office at the corner of W. Douglas and Waco will be the gathering spot ahead of a one-mile walk along the Arkansas River. Free T-shirts for the first 250 walkers!
- Salina – Campbell Plaza. After gathering at Campbell Plaza for a short rally, participants will embark on a one-mile walk along Santa Fe Ave. Free T-shirts for the first 150 walkers!
- Hutchinson – DCI Park & Gazebo. This is the first year that Blue Cross has organized an official walk in Hutchinson. DCI Park & Gazebo is the gathering spot from which participants will depart for a walk down Main St. to the Avenue A Park, along the park's walking route and back to DCI Park. Free T-shirts for the first 100 walkers!
Help us spread the word
RSVP to the event near you, and be sure to invite your friends.
Send us your pictures!
Please send us a few pictures of your and your friends or co-workers walking April 30 and we'll try to post as many as we can to our Facebook page. Help us show Kansans walking in every corner of the Sunflower State! Email your pictures to email@example.com.
The path to better health begins with just one step….as long is it is followed by another and another as part of a regular walking program. Walking is one of the easiest and most effective forms of exercise. A brisk, 30-minute walk five times a week can:
- reduce stress and anxiety
- lower blood pressure
- be a positive influence on heart disease, diabetes and osteoporosis
You don't have to be a power walker to receive the health benefits of walking. It is just important that you get moving! We encourage all our employer groups and members to get involved by walking wherever you are April 30 and then make walking a regular part of your daily activities.
Employers, community leaders: If you'd like to organize a walk for your employees or in your community – or promote one of the official walks in Topeka, Salina, Hutchinson and Wichita – we have a number of tools for you to use. In our toolkit you will find posters, flyers, table tents, postcards and templates for email invitations. You also will find information on registering for giveaways and ordering official event T-shirts. If you plan to promote National Walk @ Lunch Day by organizing a walk, please let us know by sending a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Back -