Healthy Options Education
Members of our disease management staff present details on health related issues. Check back for more podcasts as new topics will be added frequently.
Adobe Flash Player is required to listen to Healthy Options podcasts. If you do not have a Flash Player installed you can download the latest version free of charge.
- Working with your Doctor - A discussion of why it is important to talk openly with your doctor and how to get the conversation started.
- Diabetes and Kidney Health - Individuals with diabetes need to take extra care to prevent damage to their kidneys. Learn more about the role of the kidneys and how to prevent kidney complications.
- Asthma - What are common asthma symptoms and what can be done to manage asthma? Answers to these questions and more.
- Cholesterol Part I - Discover factors that affect cholesterol levels and learn the difference between good and bad cholesterol and their effects on the body.
- Cholesterol Part II - What cholesterol levels are considered unhealthy? How can cholesterol levels be improved? These questions and more answered in our conclusion of the cholesterol podcasts.
- Nutritional Tips on Fruits and Vegetables - Get tips for adding new fruits and vegetables into your diet and discover how important they are to maintain a healthy body.
- Heat Stress - Learn the warning signs of heat stress and what to do if you or someone you know begins to exhibit symptoms.
- Heart Warning Signs - Information on the warning signs of a heart attack, as well as risk factors and the importance of knowing what to watch for.
- High Blood Pressure - An overview of what blood pressure numbers mean, risk factors of high blood pressure and simple lifestyle changes to help prevent high blood pressure.
- Diabetic Foot Care - How does diabetes affect the feet? Information on how to avoid foot problems and general tips for good foot-care.
Review, download and print effective and engaging tools designed to educate parents and children about childhood obesity and diabetes prevention with our Physicians Toolkit on Childhood Obesity.