High Blood Pressure and High Cholesterol
It is important to follow a healthy nutrition plan. Improving healthy eating habits may help lower cholesterol and maintain normal blood pressure.
- Eat no more than 2,400 milligrams of sodium per day (about one teaspoon of salt).
- Limit high saturated fats and eliminate trans fats.
- Eat fat-free or low-fat dairy products, fish, poultry and lean meats.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables and include sources of high fiber and whole grains.
- Limit alcoholic beverages to no more than one drink per day if you are a woman and no more than two drinks if you are a man.
Next Topic: Exercise and Weight Management
Back to table of contents