Mental Health - Alcoholism
Alcohol is a part of our culture. But for about 14 million Americans, drinking has caused physical, emotional, social and legal harm.
Consider these questions:
- Have you ever wanted to cut down your drinking?
- Has a relative, friend, doctor or co-worker expressed concern about your drinking?
- Have you ever felt guilty or embarrassed about things you have done while drinking?
- Have you ever been arrested for driving under the influence, or had other legal problems as the result of alcohol?
- Do you ever call in sick to work because of feeling hung over from drinking?
- Has drinking affected your ability to fulfill your family or employment responsibilities?
Next topic: Summary
Table of contents