- A Clinical Practice Guideline - Providers can use this source as a reference when assisting patients in their smoking cessation efforts.
- A Readiness to Change Assessment - Answer four quick and easy questions to determine how ready you are to move toward a tobacco-free life.
- A Smoking Trigger Plan - This worksheet allows you to identify the situations when you crave a cigarette and to develop a plan for dealing with the cravings.
- Issues and Answers - Find information on a variety of issues ranging from "Talking to Teens About Smoking" to "Understanding Nicotine Addiction" to "Smoking and Pregnancy."
- Moving Toward a Smoke-Free Life - Download this booklet if you're still not sure you are ready to quit smoking.
- Creating a Smoke-Free Life - Download this booklet if you're ready to begin the smoking cessation process.
- A Community Resource List - Find a smoking cessation class or clinic in your area.
- Visit the American Lung Association website for information on their "Freedom from Smoking" programs.
- Learn about the dangers of secondhand smoke at the Environmental Protection Agency website.
- Visit with experienced cessation specialists to develop a customized Quit Plan at the Kansas Tobacco Quitline.
* Please note: Although services for smoking cessation are not a covered benefit under your health plan, by quitting smoking you can positively impact the cost of health coverage and help to reduce premiums.