Your body runs 24 hours a day, ever-changing. In addition to the wealth of information available after you log-in, here are a few local resources for you.
- Quit Smoking - Find a smoking cessation class or clinic in your area.
- Walking Works - Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas, along with Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, is promoting the health benefits of walking for individuals, which can in turn, help control health care costs for everyone.
- Second Opinion is an award-winning, health education television series sponsored by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association on behalf of several Blue plans. For the last six seasons the program has aired on KTWU Topeka, KPTS Wichita and SHPTV Bunker Hill. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas has underwritten the series for its seventh season airing throughout 2011.
Featuring panels of doctors, other medical professionals and patients, the program focuses on candid discussions of real-life medical issues and treatment options.The series presents health and wellness information in a way that engages and empowers consumers.
Season seven episodes include a broad range of topics including HPV vaccine to vitamin D deficiency. Here’s a complete list of the 2011 episodes:
Second Opinion: Seventh Season Episodes
- Heart Disease in Minority Women
- Plastic Surgery
- Late Effects in Cancer Treatment
- Fecal Incontinence
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Heart Replacement (DVAD)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Celiac Disease
- Vitamin D Deficiency
Second Opinion can be seen on:
Smoky Hills Bunker Hill – Tuesdays, 7:30 p.m.
KPTS Wichita – Thursdays, 9:00 p.m.
KTWU Topeka – Sundays, 1:00 p.m.
For more information on Second Opinion or to view past episodes, please visit their official Web site: http://secondopinion-tv.org