Prime Specialty Pharmacy – *Preferred Specialty Pharmacy
BCBSKS is proud to introduce you to the Prime Specialty Pharmacy Program. This program benefits members with conditions requiring specialty medications. Specialty medications generally meet one or more of the following characteristics:
- High cost due to treatment of complex conditions
- Self-injected, inhaled or taken orally
- Special handling or storage
- Strict compliance and patient support
- Additional education and support required from a health care professional
- Usually not stocked at retail pharmacies
- May only be available through limited distribution arrangements
* Your prescription drug benefit may require you to use Prime Specialty Pharmacy to be eligible for benefits. If you have questions about your specialty pharmacy benefit, please call the phone number on your identification card.
Through Prime Specialty Pharmacy, medications and supplies will be delivered to you or to your doctor’s office. In addition, you will also receive at no additional charge the following services:
- Coordination of coverage between you, your doctor and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas
- Care management programs to help improve your health outcomes and satisfaction
- Access to a clinical nurse or pharmacist for urgent medication needs 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Medication supplies such as syringes and disposal containers
- Education and guidance from experienced pharmacists, nurses, member care coordinators and insurance specialists who understand these complex health conditions and the medications used to treat them
To order through Prime Specialty Pharmacy:
- Have your doctor call or fax your prescription to Prime Specialty Pharmacy at 877.627.MEDS  or fax to 877.828.3939
- If your plan includes a specialty pharmacy program through Prime Specialty Pharmacy and you have an existing prescription for a specialty medication, call 877.627.MEDS  to transfer your prescription.
- A Prime Specialty Pharmacy coordinator will contact you to arrange delivery of your medication.
If you have questions, please contact Prime Specialty Pharmacy at 877.627.MEDS  or call the Customer Service number on the back of your ID card.
BCBSKS will notify members who have conditions treated with specialty medications about the Specialty Pharmacy Program. Our goal is to help our members get the best results from their prescribed medication therapy. Improving compliance will result in better treatment outcomes and reduce overall health care costs.
Prime Specialty Pharmacy will assist members transitioning into the program and coordinate members' medication coverage with BCBSKS. If you have any questions, please call Prime Specialty Pharmacy at 877.627.MEDS .
See a list of specialty medications (offsite link)