Effective with January 1, 2007 service dates, two employer groups located in McPherson, Kansas will begin using the BCBSKS Competitive Allowance Program (CAP) network. They are:
- Farmers Alliance (group number FARMERS00)
- National Cooperative Refinery Association (group number NCRA00100)
Other groups currently using the BCBSKS CAP network are:
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 226
- Kansas Building Trades Health and Welfare Trust Fund (KBTHWTF)
Procedures for Network Pricing Groups are:
- The identification card for network pricing groups will indicate the CAP logo.
- All claims should be submitted to BCBSKS electronically.
- BCBSKS will price the claim according to the CAP contracting provider network and forward it on to the specialty network group for finalization.
- The specialty network group (not BCBSKS) will finalize the claim and report the claim processing information, including payment, directly to the CAP provider.
- The specialty network group (not BCBSKS) should be contacted with all requests for benefit/eligibility information, customer service assistance, or pre-admission certification. The backside of the identification card indicates the telephone numbers providers should use.
- Claim status and eligibility information about network pricing groups is not available on the BCBSKS Web site.