Previously Recorded Webinars
Mental Health Billing: 2013 CPT Changes
Professional Relations Representative
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas is pleased to provide information with regard to changes in 2013 Mental Health Billing. This webinar will discuss the overhaul of the psychiatry section, including; evaluations, individual psychotherapy, medication management and the use of E/M codes.
Questions and Answers from Live Webinar
- Does Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas (BCBSKS) require an authorization for 90837?
- Follow the guides outlined in the Mental Health section of the Business Procedure Manual.
- Are E/M codes only provided by psychiatrist or therapists with PhD?
- Yes, BCBSKS will accept E/M services as long as it is permitted within the scope of the provider's licensure.
- We are trying to follow the "medical" vs. "non". We have no medical component here.
- If counseling or the elements of the E/M were provided you need to use the E/M codes verses the psychotherapy codes.
- RE: the 90837 code. Will BCBSKS utilization review have a problem with this service being done routinely weekly?
- Refer to Utilization Management within the Mental Health section of the Business Procedure Manual.