Effective August 19, 2013, BCBSKS member benefit and eligibility verification and claims status information was no longer available on the BCBSKS secure website (BlueAccess), and providers are only able to access that information on the Availity Web Portal (www.Availity.com).
For access to other secure tools and resources which are still located on BlueAccess, such as remittance advices and the electronic precertification system, providers will be required to log onto Availity and then link back to BlueAccess through the Payer Resources tab on the Availity Web Portal.
BCBSKS and Availity team up to provide the necessary training to BCBSKS contracting providers in order to access the BCBSKS member's information on the Availity Web Portal. All Availity training sessions are offered free of charge.
The most current Availity Web Portal training dates and times are listed below.
- Sept. 25 webinar – Remittance Solutions & Claims Follow-up, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Oct. 2 webinar – Primary Access Administrator (PAA) Training, 1 to 2 p.m.
- Oct. 6 webinar – EDI Training for EDI Submitters, 12:30 to 2 p.m.
- Oct. 7 webinar – Eligibility and Benefits Inquiry and Patient Cost Estimator Training for General Regions, 10 to 11 a.m.
- Oct. 8 webinar – Patient Payments, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Oct. 9 webinar – Eligibility and Benefits, Claims Status Inquiry for BCBSKS, 2 to 3 p.m.
- Oct. 14 webinar – Authorizations & Referrals Training, 9 to 10 a.m. and 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Oct. 15 webinar – Web Data Entry Claim Submission Training, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Oct. 17 webinar – Remittance Solutions & Claims Follow-up, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Providers can register for an Availity Webinar through the following link: www.rsvpbook.com/KansasandMinnesota