Oct. 21, 2010
Boeing Network Update
Effective Jan. 1, 2011, new Identification (ID) cards are being issued to The Boeing Company
associates administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL). BCBSIL is the new
benefits administrator for The Boeing Company previously administered by Regence BlueShield of
To help ensure that your claims are processed correctly, please remember these guidelines when
servicing Boeing associates after January 1, 2011:
- The new alpha prefix is BHP, BCU, BYR or BEM on the ID cards issued to all Boeing
associates. (All ID cards now have an alpha prefix as part of the member’s ID number.)
- Obtain a photocopy of this new card for the member’s file.
- Call the newly designated telephone number on the back of the patient’s ID card for services
- Continue to file all claims with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas, using the new alpha
prefix – BHP, BCU, BYR or BEM – and member ID number.
To Verify Eligibility and Benefits or Check Claim Status
- Go to BCBSKS.com provider secured section and submit an eligibility or claims status
request using the Boeing associate's identification number on the member card.
- You may also contact the following BlueCard® Customer Service numbers for assistance:
- Eligibility and Benefits – 800-676-BLUE (2583)
- Claim Status – 800-432-3990, ext 4058 or locally at 785-291-4058, (option 3).
Sample ID cards (click for bigger image):