May 21, 2013
Availity Web Portal changes affecting YOU!
In March 2012, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas announced that our contracting providers could begin to use the Availity Web portal for BCBSKS member's eligibility and benefits verification, as well as claim status inquiries.
BCBSKS' contracting providers need to be aware of the following important and upcoming dates with regard to BCBSKS member's information on the Availity Web portal:
- As of May 20, 2013, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas is pleased to offer our contracting providers even more information through Availity. As well as the eligibility and claim status inquiry information that has been available since March, 2012, providers will be able to access claim status detail for Blue Cross and Blue Shield members in Kansas on the Availity portal. This information will give providers additional breakdown on the claim including the member's coinsurance, copayment and remaining deductible.
- On August 19, 2013, Availity will become the exclusive portal for online access to all secure information on Blue Cross and Blue Shield members in Kansas. This means BCBSKS will require all of its providers to use Availity. After the transition, providers will no longer be able to directly access BlueAccess from www.bcbsks.com; all secure information must be accessed through Availity.
Availity is one of the nation’s largest electronic health information networks, processing more than a billion transactions each year. Availity offers free live and pre-recorded Web-based training seminars (webinars). Providers simply log on to the Availity portal and register to attend the webinars of their choice. Demonstrations, frequently asked questions and comprehensive help topics are available online as well.
Providers who require other online services, such as precertification and viewing a remittance advice will be re-directed to the secure section of www.bcbsks.com after logging on to the Availity Website.
Not registered with Availity? Act now!
Getting started with Availity is as easy as 1-2-3
Go to www.availity.com and click on the registration link.
1. Provide your organization’s name, address and federal tax ID number.
2. Designate a Primary Controlling Authority (PCA), a person who signs the Availity access agreement for your organization.
3. Designate a Primary Access Administrator (PAA), a person responsible for assigning the Availity functions/permissions to other users at your organization. This person is commonly the office or department manager.
Note: Each organization location should register separately, even if there is one shared PAA.
FREE Availity training is available at www.availity.com/training