BCBSKS Foundation - Healthy Habits for Life
How to Apply
The application process is relatively easy and proposed programs do not need to be elaborate. Simple programs have been shown to have huge impacts.
Grant applications, signed by the school's principal, must address each of the following areas:
- An overview of a program that encourages a healthy lifestyle that would address at least one of the following:
- Reduce cardiovascular risk factors
- Promote physical activity
- Encourage healthy eating habits
- An outline of well-defined goals to a specific target population of students (sorry, not staff) with appropriate activity
- An illustration that the program is appropriate within the scope of the applicant’s work responsibilities
- An explanation indicating how the effectiveness of the program will be measured
- A detailed budget showing how the requested funds will be spent
Grant applications are limited to the application form and a maximum of four additional pages (double-spaced) for the written proposal.
Grant applications must be postmarked or received electronically no later than Oct. 10, 2014.
For more information or to submit a grant request, contact:
Chief Operating Officer
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas Foundation
1133 SW Topeka Blvd.
Topeka, KS 66629-0001
Telephone: 1-800-432-0216, ext. 7246 or, in Topeka, 291-7246
Fax: (785) 291-8997