What can I buy on the Marketplace?
Look for these BCBSKS plan families on the Marketplace
To view a plan brochure and Summary of Benefits & Coverage (SBC), select the plan name next to the metallic level for more details on what's included with each plan.
What do I need when I get to the Marketplace?
Important Dates to Remember…
April 1 - Nov. 14, 2014 - Enrollment only available to those who've experienced a change in a life situation. See healthcare.gov for specifics.
Nov. 15, 2014 - Next open enrollment begins
Feb. 15, 2015 - Last day to enroll to enroll and avoid tax penalties
This PDF was created with Adobe Acrobat. Visit the Adobe website for the latest version of Acrobat Reader. Version 9.0 or higher is required.
Here is a list of the information you'll need to enroll on the Marketplace:
- Social Security Numbers (or document numbers for any documented immigrants who need insurance)
- Address information
- Birth dates, including all family members enrolling for health coverage
- Be ready to report tobacco use for all enrollees
- Income information for everyone in your family (for example, from paystubs or W-2 forms, wage and tax statements)
- Employer information including employer name, address and phone number
- Policy numbers for any health insurance you currently have in place
- Information from your employer about any job-related health insurance available to you and your family
- Allow 15-30 minutes to complete
What else can I get from Blue Cross?
Dental Insurance - For a limited time, you can add dental insurance to your health plan. But you will only be able to add this coverage within 40 days of the effective date of your health insurance policy.
Life Insurance - Find options available from Advance Insurance Company of Kansas, a BCBSKS subsidiary.
Hospital Indemnity Plan (HIP) - This plan provides a cash payment when you've been hospitalized.
Cancer Plan (Plan 150) - This plan provides a cash payment when you are receiving care for cancer.