Heart Disease - Exercise
Along with diet, this is key to a healthy lifestyle. Exercise will help in keeping your cholesterol, blood pressure and weight within a healthy range. You should work up to a goal of exercising for 30 minutes or more every day of the week.
- Include activities that maintain or increase muscular strength and endurance a minimum of two days each week.
- Your activity could include walking, swimming, cycling or even gardening or mowing the yard.
- Consult with your doctor before beginning any exercise routine.
- Always wear proper shoes and absorbent socks.
- Drink plenty of fluids before, during and after exercise.
Next topic: Weight Control