Kansas Health Data Systems felt that our new website would be an excellent avenue to share with you the many invaluable benefits we provide to all KHDS contracting facilities across the state of Kansas.
Currently we serve 117 hospitals across the state. The following bulleted items are services only provided to KHDS contracting facilities:
- Procedure and Disease Indices are available on an ongoing basis to assist with State of Kansas reporting requirements.
- KHDS has over 150 preprogrammed reports to assist your facility with peer and statewide comparisons.
- An extensive set of edits to assure we deliver a high degree of data integrity. This is due to the extensive system edits we provide on all data fields.
- KHDS will supply a clean, edited set of Kansas Hospital Association information directly to KHA in a method that will conform to privacy regulations. While we understand that KHA would like to have outpatient data, and KHDS does not have that data available, our inpatient data has been edited (based on the corrections submitted) and will be error free, already in the format needed with no intervention from your facility required.
- KHDS can assist your facility by responding to outside requests from accounting firms, law firms, liability insurance companies, doctors, cancer registries, other hospitals and community inquiries, with confidentiality as a priority.
- KHDS provides ad hoc reports, often emailed or faxed the same day, for special projects and quick decisions.
- KHDS is now able to provide reports and information through secure email attachments or uploaded onto a CD in different formats and spreadsheets to allow for greater reporting capabilities and versatility.
- Comparative data by Statewide, Peer and region is available for your assistance with business decisions related to trends, demographics and patient needs.
- Case Mix reporting is also available.
- KHDS has the ability to run all cases through a MS-DRG Comparative Grouper program to show fiscal year shifts between complicated and non-complicated MS-DRGs.
- KHDS is also evaluating identification of inpatient acute care cases that might be targeted for future RAC audits. This can only be done for a KHDS contracting facility submitting Medicare abstracts. We have provided a report example attached.
- KHDS is currently converting records from ICD-9 to ICD-10 choices using the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) GEM as a source. This is to provide assistance to our facilities in understanding the challenges the industry will face. We have included an example attached.
For the small fee our contracting facilities pay per abstract, KHDS will provide all of the services detailed above as well as many other benefits. This has and will continue to take care of any special reporting needs the facilities may need as well, saving their staff time and money.
While some Kansas hospitals may opt out of reporting all abstracts to KHDS (with a required 90 day cancellation notice), it is REQUIRED as part of every Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas contract that they continue to submit ALL BCBSKS abstracts. BCBSKS contracts require that BCBSKS abstracts be submitted within 55 days of the end of each reporting month.
- Back -