What We're Doing
Here are some ways we are working for you to control costs:
- Contracting with providers offers major savings
- Keeping administrative costs low
- Implementing policy restrictions that save dollars, protect patients
- Creating health plan options
- Developing new pharmacy programs
- Investigating possible fraud
- Staying involved with legislative activities
- Working with medical providers
- Promoting community health programs and initiatives
- Conducting educational campaigns
- Working with other Blue plans
- Expanding our Web and electronic services
If you’ve read about the many factors that cause the cost of health care to rise, it’s possible you’ve come to see the situation as hopeless.
Is our health care system broken beyond repair? We don’t think so. However, it will take the medical community, health insurers, lawmakers and consumers working together to create an affordable system for all Kansans.
Each and every day, our employees are working to provide our members with the security, dependability and quality services that they have come to expect from Blue Cross and Blue Shield. By selecting us as your insurance partner, you have entrusted us to finance your health care. This is a responsibility that we take seriously.