How You Can Help - Practice Prevention
- Ask your doctor to recommend a medical guide you can use to recognize early signs, symptoms and remedies for potential health problems. Consult a doctor when needed. If you have a persistent problem, get it taken care of as soon as possible.
- Use self-care health remedies whenever possible. You can reduce the cost of health care for yourself and others by solving health problems at home when appropriate. Eight out of 10 health problems can be treated at home.
- Visit a dentist regularly for checkups.
- Check public health centers in your area. They usually give immunizations free of charge or for very little cost. Share the results with your doctor.
- Schedule the health screening tests recommended for your age, sex and risk group. It’s important that you keep up to date with blood pressure and cholesterol screenings, Pap smears and mammograms.
- Back -