By working together, we will all see a brighter tomorrow.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas partners with New Directions Behavioral Health® to manage the behavioral health services our members. Services covered on most benefit plans include mental health services, substance abuse treatment and more. If you have questions about your services or want more information,
visit the New Directions Behavioral Health website.
- Do you ever call in sick to work because of feeling hung over from drinking?
- Has a relative, friend, doctor or co-worker expressed concern about your drinking?
- Have you ever wanted to cut down your drinking?
- Have you ever felt guilty or embarrassed about things you have done while drinking?
- Have you ever been arrested for driving under the influence, or had other legal problems as the result of alcohol?
- Has drinking affected your ability to fulfill your family or employment responsibilities?
- Difficulty concentrating
- Excessive anxiety and worry about issues large and small
- Fatigue and edginess
- Headaches, muscle aches and tension
- Sleep disturbance
- Trembling, clammy hands, dry mouth, sweating and nausea
- High or euphoric feelings
- Increased energy and decreased need for sleep
- Racing thoughts or rapid speech
- Reckless behavior, spending sprees or rash decisions
- Changes in appetite and sleep
- Fatigue, loss of energy
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt
- Loss of interest/pleasure in ordinary activities
- Trouble thinking, concentrating or making decisions
- Thoughts of death or suicide
- Avoid eating in front of others
- Have a poor self-image
- Have an intense fear of gaining weight
- Over-exercise and restrict calories
- Self-induce vomiting or use laxatives inappropriately
If you are unsure of your mental health coverage, log in to BlueAccess to review your benefits.
WARNING: Could not load HELPFUL RESOURCES