Quality-Based Reimbursement Program
Healthcare reform has shaped the way health plans, providers and patients work together to promote better health, demonstrated outcomes, and reduced costs. In order to be designated a qualified health plan that is eligible to participate in the new Health Insurance Marketplace, health insurance companies must have a program that provides incentives to improve quality and safety, as well as reduce costs.
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas (BCBSKS) Quality-Based Reimbursement Program (QBRP) is a voluntary program designed to promote improved quality, patient care and outcomes. Contracting BCBSKS providers have an opportunity to earn additional revenue through increased allowances for meeting the defined quality metrics.
Providers can access their QBRP reporting form, measure guide, and other resources regarding the program on the QBRP portal by following these steps:
- Sign in to Availity by entering your user ID and Password*.
- Locate the Payer Spaces drop menu at the top right of the page
- Select BCBSKS, and locate the BCBSKS Provider Secure Sections (Blue Access) link
- Select your facility name and NPI in the drop down boxes
- On the left hand side of the page, in the green panel under Services, click on QBRP Portal
*If you do not have an Availity login, please contact your Primary Access Administrator (PAA). This should be someone in your facility that has the ability to create new users. If you do not know who your PAA is, you will need to contact Availity at 1-800-AVAILITY for that information.