Telehealth Connects Your Employees with a Doctor Anytime, Anywhere
Telehealth is a fast, convenient way to see a doctor virtually. Employees with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas (BCBSKS) coverage can have a live visit on their computer or mobile device with a doctor at a time that works for them.
Blue Cross provides telehealth services through American Well® (Amwell). With Amwell, employees register for FREE, and the cost per visit is less than an emergency room, urgent care, or even an in-office doctor visit. It's easy-to-use, affordable, private and secure.
How to use Amwell?
Employees can easily register for a telehealth visit and connect with a board-certified doctor in their area.
- Download the Amwell app on any mobile device.
- On a computer? Sign-up at amwell.com. Simply fill-in the contact information and set-up a username and password.
Why use Amwell?
- Choose Your Own Physician: Employees select a physician for their visit from a list of U.S. board-certified doctor and therapist profiles. All profiles include physician certifications, licenses and online patient ratings.
- Available nationwide, 24/7/365
- Convenient Prescriptions: If a medication is prescribed, all prescriptions can be picked up at the employee's local pharmacy.
- Easy Payment: Pay for the visit with credit, debit or HSA/FSA cards.
- Record Storage: A complete record of each visit is securely maintained and can be accessed by the patient.
How much does Amwell cost?
The cost of an Amwell doctor or therapist visit depends on the employee's plan type.
When to use Amwell?
As an innovative patient consultation service, telehealth lets you interact with a doctor at your convenience for common conditions such as:
- stomach pain
- sinus infection
- pink eye
- ear infection
Also offering behavioral health and counseling services, known as teletherapy, Amwell’s licensed therapists will provide treatment for several conditions, including:
- attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- panic attacks
- trauma/Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Therapists will be available on demand or by appointment from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. CST, 7 days a week.
Can the employee's family use Amwell?
If the employee's spouse and/or children are covered under the employee's BCBSKS plan, they are eligible for telehealth services. A spouse should create their own Amwell account, but children or dependents under age 18 can be added to the employee's account and have doctor visits on their behalf. Employees need to register first, and then the child or dependent can be added to the account. Children or dependents over the age of 18 must create their own Amwell account.