What is Plan 65?
Plan 65 is the name of our Medicare Supplement plans.
Medicare does not cover all health care expenses. That's why BCBSKS created Plan 65 — a supplemental plan to help bridge the gaps in Medicare coverage. If you have Medicare and you purchase an additional Plan 65 Supplement Plan, Medicare will pay its share of the Medicare-approved amount for covered health care costs, and then your Plan 65 policy pays its share. Our plans are designed specifically to supplement the expenses Medicare does not pay, so you have less out-of-pocket expenses to worry about.
Save Money Where You Live
Plan 65-Select plans offer a lower monthly premium* and hospital network limitations. In other words, you can reduce your premium if you agree to use a "select" network hospital in the service area where you enroll for all hospital care that is not an emergency.
*Select Plan C saves 29% over Plan C; 2018 Kansas Medicare Supplement Insurance Shopper's Guide.
Compare Our Plans
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas offers high quality Medicare Supplement plans. Each specifically designed to meet your unique needs.
The premiums shown for the plans here are for a 65-year-old in 2019. Rates are subject to change January 1 of each year.
Here is a list of key services not covered by any Medicare Supplement Plan:
- Custodial nursing home care.
- Intermediate nursing home care costs.
- Most dental care and hospital admissions for such care. Examples are treatment, filling, removal or replacement of teeth, root canal therapy, surgery for impacted teeth, and other surgical procedures involving the teeth or structures directly supporting the teeth.
- Routine physical examinations and tests, routine foot care, and immunizations except injection of pneumococcal vaccine, mammograms and prostate exams.
- Hearing aids and examinations for them, or consultations about them.
- Eyeglasses or contact lenses and examinations for them, or consultations about them, unless for replacement of the lens following cataract surgery.
- Benefits considered medically unnecessary by a committee of doctors representing Medicare and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas will not be paid.
e_703 08/18 Not connected with or endorsed by the U.S. Government or the Federal Medicare Program. Rev. 08/18
Call us now
866-647-6705 (TTY 711)
Medicare Advantage: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday-Friday
All other inquiries: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday