Questions Regarding Guarantee Issue
What situations qualify as Guarantee Issue?
You are guaranteed coverage in any of these situations:
- You are losing your current coverage through no fault of your own, such as retiring
- Your current carrier becomes insolvent or substantially violated a "material provision of the policy"
- The plan has been terminated or is discontinuing providing benefits to the service area where you live
- You move out of the service area
- The plan or agent materially misrepresented the policy in marketing
- Any other reason specified by Health and Human Services, or you lose eligibility for health benefits under Medicaid (Title XIX of Social Security)
How long do I have to be considered Guarantee Issue?
You have 63 days from the date your other coverage terminated to apply with BCBSKS.
What information do I need to be considered Guarantee Issue?
You will need to supply us with documented proof of your loss of coverage.