Telemedicine connects you with a doctor anytime, anywhere
Telemedicine is a fast, convenient way to see a doctor virtually. Members with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas (BCBSKS) coverage can have a live visit on their computer or mobile device with a doctor at a time that works for them.
- Less time away from work
- No travel expenses or time
- Easier if you have a child or elder in your care
- No exposure to other potentially contagious patients
Blue Cross provides telemedicine services through Amwell®. With Amwell, members register for FREE, and the cost per visit is less than an emergency room, urgent care, or even an in-office doctor visit. It's easy-to-use, affordable, private and secure.
How to use Amwell?
Members can easily register for a telemedicine visit and connect with a board-certified doctor in their area.
- Download the Amwell app on any mobile device.
- On a computer? Sign-up at amwell.com/cm. Simply fill-in the contact information and set-up a username and password.
Why use Amwell?
- Choose your own physician: Members select a physician for their visit from a list of U.S. board-certified doctor and therapist profiles. All profiles include physician certifications, licenses and online patient ratings.
- Available nationwide, 24/7/365
- Convenient prescriptions: If a medication is prescribed, all prescriptions can be picked up at the member's local pharmacy.
- Easy payment: Pay for the visit with credit, debit or HSA/FSA cards.
- Record storage: A complete record of each visit is securely maintained and can be accessed by the patient.
How much does Amwell cost?
The cost of an Amwell doctor or therapist visit depends on the member's plan type.
When to use Amwell?
As an innovative patient consultation service, telemedicine lets you interact with a doctor at your convenience for common conditions such as:
- sinus infection
- pink eye
- ear infection
Also offering behavioral health and counseling services, known as teletherapy, Amwell’s licensed therapists will provide treatment for several conditions, including:
- attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- panic attacks
- trauma/Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Therapists will be available on demand or by appointment from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. CST, 7 days a week.
Can all family members use Amwell?
If the member's spouse and/or children are covered under the BCBSKS plan, they are eligible for telemedicine services. A spouse should create their own Amwell account, but children or dependents under age 18 can be added to the primary member's account and have doctor visits on their behalf. Members need to register first, and then the child or dependent can be added to the account. Children or dependents over the age of 18 must create their own Amwell account.
The telemedicine benefit is available to members within a group health plan upon the group's enrollment anniversary.