By working together, we will all see a brighter tomorrow.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas partners with Lucet to manage the behavioral health services of our members. Services covered on most benefit plans include mental health services, substance use treatment and more. If you have questions about your services or want more information, visit the Lucet website.
Lucet can help you in a number of ways:
- Assist you and your doctors to work together toward your goals
- Confirm provider participation in your health plan network
- Find the right doctors and treatment facilities for your unique needs
- Give you information about people and groups in your community that can help you
- Inform you about topics such as depression, anxiety, substance use disorder and bipolar disorder
- Offer coaching and support services
If you or a loved one is experiencing any of the following, please call 800-952-5906.
Lucet is ready to take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Additionally, if you or a loved one needs to speak with someone about treatment options for substance use, call the Substance Use Disorder Member Hotline: 877-326-2458.
While alcohol is a part of our culture, for about 14 million Americans, drinking has caused physical, emotional, social and legal harm. Consider these questions:
- Do you ever call in sick to work because of feeling hung over from drinking?
- Has a relative, friend, doctor or co-worker expressed concern about your drinking?
- Have you ever wanted to cut down your drinking?
- Have you ever felt guilty or embarrassed about things you have done while drinking?
- Have you ever been arrested for driving under the influence, or had other legal problems as the result of alcohol?
- Has drinking affected your ability to fulfill your family or employment responsibilities?
To speak with someone about treatment options, call the Substance Use Disorder Member Hotline: 877-326-2458.
Interested in mental health or substance use resources? Find support with tools that can help you discover health and happiness.
This includes Just Five, an online, self-paced program, focused on increasing awareness and reducing stigma about addiction prevention and treatment.
Just Five includes six five-minute learning experiences. The lessons combine animated and expert videos, interactive learning, and extra materials. Log in to your BlueAccess account to gain access to Just Five.
Anxiety normally comes and goes for most of us. For more than four million adults, constant anxiety seriously interferes with their lives. One or more of these can be signs of anxiety:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Excessive anxiety and worry about issues large and small
- Fatigue and edginess
- Headaches, muscle aches and tension
- Sleep disturbance
- Trembling, clammy hands, dry mouth, sweating and nausea
Bipolar disorder is an alternating period of depression and mania, characterized by:
- High or euphoric feelings
- Increased energy and decreased need for sleep
- Racing thoughts or rapid speech
- Reckless behavior, spending sprees or rash decisions
- Changes in appetite and sleep
- Fatigue, loss of energy
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt
- Loss of interest/pleasure in ordinary activities
- Trouble thinking, concentrating or making decisions
- Thoughts of death or suicide
It seems that almost all Americans are concerned about their weight or eating habits. For more than five million people, this concern has become one of the dangerous medical disorders of anorexia, bulimia or binge eating. Your eating might be out of control if you:
- Avoid eating in front of others
- Have a poor self-image
- Have an intense fear of gaining weight
- Over-exercise and restrict calories
- Self-induce vomiting or use laxatives inappropriately
If you are unsure of your mental health coverage, log in to BlueAccess to review your benefits.