Our disease management programs are designed to help improve quality of life and overall health. Our registered nurses will help by providing one-on-one support, coaching and education via telephone calls to members who have any of these chronic health conditions:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)/chronic bronchitis/emphysema
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
Our disease management programs emphasize educating members about their health conditions and working with them to take a more active role in their health care. With the help of a registered nurse, enrolled members will receive education, tools and one-on-one support to help them:
- Gain an improved understanding of their chronic condition
- Recognize the value of making healthier choices
- Strengthen and improve health care team relationships
- Feel empowered to make informed health decisions
Our free disease management programs are available for members, ages 18 and older, who have BCBSKS as their primary carrier. For more information call 1-800-520-3137 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Rights and Responsibilities
Please select the option below that best describes you.
- I'm a Blue Cross member in your disease management program and would like to view my rights and responsibilities in English or en Español.
- I'm a Federal Employee Program member in your disease management program and would like to view my rights and responsibilities.
- I'm a provider referring my patient to your disease management program and would like to view my rights and responsibilities.
Would you like more information?
If you would like a copy of the program description, clinical guidelines, editorial policies or outcomes, or have a suggestion for enhancing our disease management programs, send your request/comments to DMManager-AT-bcbsks-DOT-com.
Participation in the program is voluntary and the member may elect to withdraw at any time. Any information gathered during the course of the program will remain strictly confidential. Participation will in no way affect the benefits of the member’s contract.