When is our payment due in Topeka?
Your BCBSKS coverage is a prepaid health plan. Therefore, payment is due no later than the first of the month. Premiums must be submitted before claims will be paid for that period of time.
How do I drop someone from our group?
Indicate all changes on the group billing notice. Add or subtract any additions, changes, terminations or cancellations from the total amount of your bill and return the adjusted amount to us along with the group billing notice. Please include one original group billing summary page and do these things:
- Subtract all terminations and cancellations from the total amount billed, along with a note stating the name of the person to be cancelled, the reason for the cancellation and the effective date.
- Include the employee’s full name, Social Security number or identification number and amount paid when adding employees to your plan.
- Indicate the amount paid as the result of any changes made to the Group Billing Notice.
- Use only black or blue ink.
- Provide a current address for all terminated employees so we can contact them.
Can a husband and wife with no dependent children enroll as two singles in our group?
No, unless either the husband or wife is eligible for Medicare (and not affected by TEFRA) or unless both are employed by your company.
How do I enroll an employee?
Complete an enrollment form, and have the employee sign and date it. The enrollment form must be signed and received by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas prior to the 60th day following the date of hire or completion of the company imposed waiting period.
Where should I call if I wish to change the benefits of my group?
In order to change or modify the contract your group is enrolled in, please contact your representative. If you are unsure who your representative is, you can contact the Topeka office and they will refer you to the correct representative.
Is coverage extended due to a dependent being a full-time student?
In most cases the length of time dependent children are covered under your contract is not influenced by whether or not they are living at home or attending school on a full-time basis.
When does a dependent's coverage end?
As a result of health care reform changes, eligible dependents are covered until age 26. Marital or student status is no longer applicable.