Our nurses provide one-on-one support to members via telephone calls to help them develop self-care habits. In the program, members will discuss lifestyle changes, such as healthy eating and increasing their physical activity. Nurses will also review the importance, doses, timing and frequency, role, side effects, precautions, barriers to adherence and storage of medications. We offer programs for:
- Understand health risks of tobacco use
- Determine why you use tobacco
- Receive tools and support for quitting
- Find out health risks associated with being overweight
- Identify current barriers to losing weight
- Receive tools and support for weight management
- Identify stress and its effects on health
- Learn about signs and symptoms of stress
- Receive support and resources for managing stress
- Receive coaching on prenatal and postnatal care
- Find out what to expect and plan for
- Learn about planning for delivery and mother care at home
Our free wellness management programs are designed to help members, ages 18 and older, who have BCBSKS as their primary carrier. For more information, call 800-520-3137 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Participation in the program is completely voluntary. You may choose to discontinue participation in the program at any time. Participation in the program will not affect any health insurance benefits. State of Kansas employees, as well as some other employer groups, do not provide our programs as an option. If you are an employee at one of those businesses, contact your human resources department to inquire about similar programs.
WARNING: Could not load HELPFUL RESOURCES