Smile, You're Covered.
With routine dental hygiene vists, you could not only have a healthier smile, but also be saving on dental costs with dental coverage from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas (BCBSKS). We have numerous dental plans for individual and employer coverage.
Although we usually don’t associate dental care with medical care, the health of your mouth, teeth and gums is closely related to your overall health. A healthy mouth and body go hand in hand.
Plaque, tartar and cavities
Change damaging habits to your teeth & gums
Finding the issue with X-rays
- Oral examinations (two per year)
- Prophylaxis, including cleaning, scaling and polishing (two per year)
- Dental x-rays required to treat or diagnose diseases or abnormalities of the teeth, surrounding tissue and cavity detection (includes two bitewings per year, and one full-mouth during a five-year period)
- (1) Bitewing x-rays are limited to two per benefit period per insured.
- (2) Full-mouth x-rays are limited to once each five years per insured.
- Fluoride application for insureds under age 21 limited to once each year per insured.
- Space maintainers limited to the initial placement for insureds under age 16.
- Sealants limited to one application per lifetime per eligible insured between 5 and 17 years of age inclusive, and limited to permanent molars and bicuspids.
- Surgical consultations.
- Simple extractions
- Fillings (except gold)
- Endodontics (Root Canal Treatment)
- Periodontic treatment of the gums, consisting of examination, management and surgery
- Extraction of impacted teeth
- Repair of dentures
- General anesthesia when the dental treatment is a covered service
- Emergency treatment to temporarily relieve acute dental pain (subject to limitations)
- Non-surgical care of acute oral infection and oral lesions
- Oral/Periodontal Surgery (Other than Periodontal surgery of the gums)
- Dental Implants
WARNING: Could not load HELPFUL RESOURCES