New Specialty and Mail Order Pharmacies
New Specialty Pharmacy:
Beginning July 1, 2021, Accredo will be the designated specialty pharmacy for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas members. What you need to know about this change:
- Accredo will be your patients’ new designated specialty pharmacy and/or a new option for their specialty pharmacy services covered under the pharmacy benefit:
- (Commercial members): When renewing your patients’ existing specialty prescriptions or when writing new specialty prescriptions, you will need to send them to Accredo.
- (Medicare members): Your Medicare Advantage patients have an additional choice and may ask you to transfer their specialty prescription to Accredo.
- There is no immediate action you need to take in reaction to this notification.
- Existing, non-expired prescriptions (those with refills left) for your patients will automatically be transferred to Accredo (Commercial members). Some of your patients may reach out to request new prescriptions be sent to Accredo, after July 1, 2021. Controlled substances cannot be transferred to Accredo automatically.
Accredo will provide your patients access to their specialty medications and dedicated clinical resources to help them manage their health condition(s). Accredo has various tools available to you, including physician concierge, e-prescribe, ePA and interoperability with EHRs. Once these patients are live with Accredo, you will have visibility to their status through Accredo’s provider portal at https://myAccredoPatients.com. For more information, visit https://www.accredo.com/prescribers.
New Home Delivery Pharmacy:
Beginning July 1, 2021, Express Scripts® Pharmacy will be the designated home delivery pharmacy for maintenance medication needs. What you need to know about this change:
Express Scripts® Pharmacy will be your patients’ new preferred home delivery pharmacy and/or a new option for their home delivery pharmacy:
- (Commercial members): When renewing your patients’ existing maintenance prescriptions or when writing new prescriptions, you will need to send them to Express Scripts® Pharmacy if the patient wants home delivery.
- (Medicare members): Your Medicare Advantage patients have an additional choice and may ask you to transfer their prescription(s) to Express Scripts® Pharmacy.
There is no immediate action you need to take related to this notice.
Existing, non-expired maintenance medication prescriptions for your patients will be automatically transferred to Express Scripts® Pharmacy (Commercial). Some of your patients may request new prescriptions be sent to Express Scripts® Pharmacy for the first time after July 1, 2021.
Prescriptions can be easily sent to Express Scripts® Pharmacy using your EMR system by e-prescribing to Express Scripts Home Delivery. For questions on e-prescribing call 800-211-1456 option 5. For more information on Express Scripts® Pharmacy, visit https://www.express-scripts.com/rx.
©2021 Express Scripts. All Rights Reserved. Express Scripts and the “E” Logo are trademarks of Express Scripts Strategic Development, Inc. CRP2104_009011.1 LT2104_009011