Chamber Blue of Kansas provides value to Kansas small businesses
Interested businesses need to respond by Aug. 18
Topeka, Kansas (July 20, 2023) – Chamber Blue of Kansas launched in 2022 as a partnership between Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas (BCBSKS) and the Chamber of Commerce Executives of Kansas (CCEKS) to help small business owners in pursuit of affordable and stable health coverage. Now in its second year, Chamber Blue is requesting interested businesses to respond by Aug. 18 for the opportunity to be included.
Chamber Blue is an association health plan (AHP), that works with chambers across Kansas to provide small businesses access to health insurance savings typically associated with large group medical coverage.
How it works:
- Employers band together to purchase insurance.
- This allows for more people in the pool.
- The more people included, the more options, and potentially lower cost.
Chamber Blue is available to employers who have acceptable risk and are active members in good standing with their local, participating chamber. In addition, they must have 50 or fewer full-time equivalent employees.
More affordable health insurance creates opportunities for businesses to attract and retain their most valuable asset – their employees.
“The Chamber Blue of Kansas health insurance plan through our local Chamber is critical for us,” said Tami Cortez, Cortez Transportation. “As we expand our business and hire more staff, offering affordable health insurance helps us recruit and retain employees. Chamber Blue is a valuable benefit for us and for small businesses across the state.”
Interested in joining the Chamber Blue health plan? Here’s what you need to know:
- Go to Chamber Blue of Kansas and complete the form on the website. A Blue Cross rep will reach out to you to answer any questions you have. If you want to pursue coverage, they will direct you to an interest survey to complete.
- July 1 – Aug. 18, 2023: Interest survey (Interested groups must complete the interest survey to be eligible to enroll. Survey information determines rates.)
- Oct. 2023: Rates will be announced.
- Nov. 2023: Enrollment begins with the support of BCBSKS.
- Jan. 2024: Coverage begins.
About Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas:
For more than 80 years, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas has built a reputation of trust with its members and contracting providers by providing outstanding customer service while quickly and accurately processing claims; fairly administering benefit plans and contracts; offering programs, services and tools to help members improve or maintain their health; and operating under the highest ethical standards while being good stewards of premium dollars. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and is the state’s largest insurer, serving all Kansas counties except Johnson and Wyandotte. For more information, visit Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas.