Common questions and problems
- I'm trying to log in to the site using the password that was sent to me in the mail. That password doesn't work.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Often times our users try to log in using their user ID before receiving their password resulting in a locked account.
To unlock your account follow the steps described on the "Lock Out" page.
- I get an error when logging in to the secure section. I know I have my user ID and password entered correctly.
Please note: The secure area of the bcbsks.com website is taken down for maintenance every Sunday. You will only be able to access this area after 2 am on Sundays (Central time).
- I am having an issue interacting with the site.
This site has been tested and found to work optimally with the following browsers:
If you encounter a problem using the site, please ensure that you are using one of the above browsers to ensure maximum compatibility.
- Android 4.4 and above
- iOS 9.0 and above
The following browsers have been identified as not fully functioning with the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas website:
Please note that vendor sites linked from this site may not be compatible with all of these browsers. We've tried to indicate, where appropriate, which browsers will provide the best experience on other sites.
- Samsung Internet Browser
- Microsoft Edge
- Desktop version of Safari
- What is 128-bit encryption and how do I know if I have it?
The 128-bit encryption technology is used to help keep your information secure. Any current web browser will support 128-bit encryption. To find out if your browser has 128-bit encryption, go to your browser's "Help" menu.
- What is the requirement for viewing PDF documents?
PDF files can be viewed
using a program called Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You can obtain Acrobat Reader free of charge from the Adobe
website. Version 9.0 or higher is required.
If you have any difficulty installing or using Acrobat Reader,
please visit the Adobe
website. Acrobat Reader is entirely owned and distributed
by Adobe Systems, Inc., and we cannot provide technical support
for the product.
- I click on WebMD/Blue365/Disease Management/Drug Links and nothing happens.
All of these links open up in a new tab or browser window. You will need to make sure your pop-up blocker is turned off when using these links.
- Back -
WARNING: Could not load HELPFUL RESOURCES