Long hold times – Self Serve for convenience
With open enrollment, hold times for providers calling into the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas (BCBSKS) Customer Service line have increased. To alleviate call volume and avert our providers’ frustrations, please refer to the provider self-service options listed below where many of your answers may be found at your fingertips through our website, www.bcbsks.com.
- Member Benefits via Availity (where you can get a transaction ID number as a reference number)
- COVID-19 Provider Information
- Institutional Provider Manual (Availity Log-in Required)
- Professional Provider Manual
- Medical Policies
- Policy Memos
Providers are calling to request a predetermination for provider professional services. There are very few professional services that require a predetermination or prior authorization for a BCBSKS member. If you are seeking prior authorizations for a benefit that is not required, please contact your provider representative.
To find pharmacy medical policies specific to a medication list, use the links below.
- BCBSKS BlueCare/EPO Prior Authorization (offsite link)
- BCBSKS ResultsRx Prior Authorization (offsite link)
- BCBSKS Select Prior Authorization (offsite link)
To view the out-of-area Blue Plan’s general precertification/pre-authorization information, visit our Precertification/Pre-authorization page under the providers tab on our website, https://www.bcbsks.com/providers/precertification-prior-authorization.
For additional questions regarding this latest news article, you can contact your BCBSKS provider consultant/representative.