Medical & Pharmacy Policy Update
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas (BCBSKS) has published the following updated medical policies on the BCBSKS Website. Click on a link to view the details of each policy.
- Artificial Intervertebral Disc: Cervical Spine
- Artificial Intervertebral Disc: Lumbar Spine
- Ambulatory Event Monitors and Mobile Cardiac Outpatient Telemetry
- Wearable Cardioverter Defibrillators
- Catheter Ablation as Treatment for Atrial Fibrillation
- Implanted Peripheral Nerve Stimulator (PNS) for Pain Control
- Immunoglobulin Therapy
- IL-13 antagonist
- Insulin Pump
- Factor VIII and VW Factor
Many of our pharmacy medical policies are maintained through our pharmacy benefit manager, Prime Therapeutics.
To find pharmacy medical policies specific to a medication list, please select a medication list at the bottom of our prior authorization page of our website, https://www.bcbsks.com/providers/precertification-prior-authorization.
The following Medical Policies had new codes effective 07/01/22:
- Bio-Engineered Skin and Soft Tissue Substitutes
- Cochlear Implant
- Corneal Collagen Cross-Linking
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring
- Interspinous and Interlaminar Stabilization / Distraction Devices (Spacers)
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) of the Anterior Eye Segment
- Orthopedic Applications of Stem Cell Therapy (Including Allograft and Bone Substitute Products Used With Autologous Bone Marrow)
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scanning: Oncologic Applications
If you have questions regarding this publication, please contact your BCBSKS provider consultant/representative.