Our heart. Our home.
A focal point in the work we do is having a concentrated effort on and supporting three major corporate initiatives. These three initiatives are our Shield Against Violent Environments (SAVE) program and supporting domestic violence initiatives, our unique partnership with the American Red Cross in which we have created a community Disaster Response Team and our long-standing partnership with the United Ways in our service area. To learn more about the work we do and our major initiatives, see below.
Shield Against Violent Environments
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas is committed to providing employees with a safe and healthy workplace where domestic violence will not be tolerated.
American Red Cross
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas created a unique partnership with the American Red Cross that provides assistance to members, the community and employees.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas is proud to have long-standing partnerships with the United Way of Greater Topeka, United Way of the Plains, Salina Area United Way and the United Way of Reno County.
BCBSKS and its employees also actively support these community organizations and projects.
American Cancer Society
The American Cancer Society is an organization on a mission to free the world from cancer.
Each February, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas employees support Project Topeka Community Food Drive through monetary and canned good donations.
Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels of Shawnee and Jefferson Counties, Inc. delivers hot meals to the homebound, elderly and those with disabilities in Shawnee and Jefferson counties each weekday.
Shield Against Violent Environments
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas has a long history of supporting Junior Achievement. Over the past ten years, employees have volunteered nearly 2100 hours to teach JA classes.
Employees actively participate in the quarterly blood donor events sponsored by the Community Blood Center.
Girls Who Code
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas established its first Girls Who Code club in the spring of 2019. Our Girls Who club partnership school is Shawnee Heights Middle School.
And much, much more...
- American Heart Association
- ALS Association Mid-America Chapter
- Alzheimer's Association Central & Western Kansas
- American Legion Post 421
- Arthritis Foundation
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Salina
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Topeka
- Breakthrough House
- Cancer Council of Reno County
- Capper Foundation
- Carpenter Place
- Kansas CASA
- Catholic Charities of Northern Kansas
- ChildCare Aware of Eastern KS
- Community Care Network of Kansas
- Community Thanksgiving Dinner Foundation
- Cottonwood, Inc.
- CrossWinds Counseling and Wellness
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Doorstep, Inc.
- Envision Foundation
- Family Promise of Lawrence
- Family Service & Guidance Center
- Flint Hills Breadbasket
- Greater Topeka Partnership
- Heartland Community Health Center
- HumanKind Ministries
- Jobs for America's Graduates
- Junior Achievement of Kansas
- Kansas Big Brothers Big Sisters Shawnee County
- Kansas Chamber of Commerce
- Kansas Children Service League
- Kansas Coalition Against Sexual & Domestic Violence
- KIDS and SIDS Network
- Leadership Kansas
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Lexi's Lamb Foundation
- Lifehouse Child Advocacy Center
- Living the Dream, Inc.
- Manhattan Fire Department
- Midland Care
- Meals on Wheels
- NAMI Walks
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Northeast Kansas
- Prevention and Recovery Services
- Project Topeka Community Food Drive
- Safe Kids Kansas
- Salvation Army
- Shawnee County Medical Society HealthAccess
- Starkey, Inc.
- Stormont-Vail Foundation
- TARC, Inc.
- TFI Family Services
- Love, Chloe Foundation
- The Race Against Breast Cancer
- The Salina Rescue Mission
- Topeka Housing Authority
- Topeka JUMP
- Topeka Rescue Mission
- United Way of Greater Topeka
- Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Washburn University Leadership Institute
- YWCA of Northeast Kansas